2020 is nearly upon us. Are you ready with your online marketing plans?
In this article, we discuss 7 important strategies that may be needed to promote your business.
Read on, to see if you need to adopt your digital marketing strategy in 2020.
Video marketing is already a very important part of the digital marketing landscape, but many businesses do not take advantage of it, either on account of the perceived cost or difficulty.
However, in 2020, Video Marketing it is neither expensive or is it hard to create effective short videos.
- 70% of consumers say that they have shared a brand’s video
- 72% of businesses say video has improved their conversion rate
- 52% of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in online purchase decisions
- 65% of executives visit the marketer’s website and 39% call a vendor after viewing a video
Videos can be uploaded to YouTube, Facebook; LinkedIn and Instagram, as well as your website.
Due to the rise in smart phone usage, people much prefer watching than reading to find the information that the need.
If your website includes video, it is 53 times more likely to get a first page spot in search results according to Google.
This is going to be a big player in 2020. People can now upload an image into search and get other images as search results.
How many times have you been trying to put into words an image that you have in front of you? Now you can search with this image.
Using the camera icon, you can then select an image from your device or paste an image URL.
Image search is very useful in the following industries:
- Home decor
To get found on image search, is vital that your image is tagged with the appropriate keywords on your website and on your social media.
People generally make instant decisions on which restaurant to choose, what shop to visit, or what to do.
This is all wrapped up in Local SEO. Your Local SEO content must be answering the these ‘Micro Moments’, where people are actively making a decision. To do this you must:
- Identify your consumers’ “I-want-to-buy” moments
- Be there in these moments of need
- Deliver relevant content
- Make it easy for them to make a purchase
- Measure every moment that matters
31% of smartphone users worldwide use voice-activated search, like Siri, at least once a week. It is estimated that in 2020, 50% of all searches will be voice searches. That makes voice search one of the biggest online marketing trends of 2020.
The big difference with Voice Search is that the search queries tend to be much longer. So, your content needs to contain the answers to the questions that your customers are asking.
For all voice technology, remember to write in a conversational tone, focus on getting featured snippets on Google, and think about keywords that people will speak rather than type.
Content Marketing Will Continue to Dominate SEO
Content marketing is so important that 88% of B2B content marketers agree that creating content makes their audience view their organization as a credible and trusted resource:
- Content marketing costs 62% less than outbound marketing and generates 3 time more leads
- Content marketing has lower up-front costs & deeper long-term benefits than paid search
- 615 million devices now use ad blockers, which means your ads are not being seen by as many people
- Small businesses with blogs get 126% more lead growth than those without
- Content marketing rakes in conversion rates 6x higher than other methods
With Google continuing to value well-researched, regularly updated articles, content marketing is something that marketers are going to continue to invest in. In short, content marketing is a great way to attract new customers to your site and build relationships with them in real, quantifiable ways over a period of time.
User-Generated Content (UGC)
UGC occurs when you encourage your customers to generate their own content and share it with you. Often, they will do this is you offer them an incentive. This especially import to businesses that have a very visual presence such as holidays, restaurants, and shops. UGC can result in a massive increase in engagement.
Good ways to use UGC are:
- Facebook: Videos and curated content
- Instagram: High-res photos, quotes, Stories
- Twitter: News, blog posts, and GIFs
- LinkedIn: Jobs, company news, and professional content
- Pinterest: Infographics and step-by-step photo guides
The uses of blockchain are far more wide-reaching than just the financial world, however; this technology is also making waves in the digital marketing world. Blockchain eliminates the digital marketing middleman, builds trust by means of transparency, drives public accountability and offers benefits for branding.
Into 2020, we will see these blockchain trends:
- Tracking Media Buys
- Handling Social Impressions
- Verifying Online Identities
- Elevate Transparency
- Protect Personal Data
- Pinpoint Targeting
- Authentication and Provenance