How many times do you click through to the second page of Google’s search engine results? Not very often is probably the answers
These days there is not only one place that you can rank for in Google’s search results. These include PPC ads at the top, rich snippets and local map listings in the middl and organic listings at the bottom
So, we have to answer these questions:
- How do you get your Google Ads on page one of Google?
- How to créate a Google featured snippet and make it appear on the first page of ?
- How to set up local search engine optimization (LSEO) to get your business on Google Maps?
- How do you use search engine optimization (SEO) to get your website to rank at the top of Google?
How to Get to the top of Google Search with Google Ads
With SEO, you get to the top of Google because your web page provides the best answer to the search.
With PPC your ads get displayed if you have bid the most (simplified explanation).
It is important to use PPC and SEO together to get tte best results.
If you’re not investing in PPC, you’re basically giving those clicks to your competitors.
To get to the top of Google Ads you must have a competitive bid for a search term and a good Quality Score. Some tips for Google Ads:
- Bid on your own and your competitors brand names
- Use remarketing to reconnect with your potential customers
- Create compelling Ad copy to increase your Quality Score
- Make sure that your Landing Page corresponds to your keyword.
How to Rank in Google Featured Snippets (Also know as the Knowledge Graph)
48% of Google searches result in no click at all because more and more searchers are getting the information they need from the featured snippets. Rich snippets are also referred to as “position zero” as they appear at the top of the search results.
There are five major types of snippets:
To optimize your web page content for rich snippets:
- Use headers and bullets
- Answer the question in full while condensing the information into the simplest answer you can
- Be as factual as possible
- Use schema markup
- Use images and video
How to Get Your Business on Google Maps using Local SEO
When you Google something like “plumber” you’ve probably noticed that Google uses the searchers location data to display nearby businesses.
To get your business on Google’s map listings, you need to standardise your NAP (name, address, phone number) citations across the internet. The more local citations you can build with consistent NAP information the better chance of you being shown in the local results.
You also need to set up your Google My Business page completely:
- Use consistent information including branding
- Make sure your NAP is accurate
- Choose a few categories to describe your overall core business
- Describe your products and services
- Service-area businesses that only serve customers at their locations should have one page for that encompasses both the central office or location and a designated service area.
How to Get Your Website to the Top of Google with Organic SEO
While it is very important to appear on the first page of Google, 55% of users click on the first three entries.
Appearing in those top 3 businesses is hard, especially if you’re a new business.
There are three main techniques that must be used to get into the top positions
You must need to make sure the search engines can easily crawl, understand, and index your website. You must:
- Improve your site loading speed
- Use a search-engine friendly site navigation menu
- Create a well-structured XML sitemap
- Build a responsive site for mobile and tablet users
Adding high-quality, useful content increases your rankings and also creates a better user experience for your customers.
Google puts a lot of ranking score when relevant sites with a high domain authority points to your website.
Link building can include:
- Guest posts
- Social media
- Directory listing
- And many more
Google Search Results south Wales
We hope that this article has helped you understand the different sections of the Google Search Results Page (SERP).
If you need any help with your Google Search Results south Wales you may want to consider hiring an SEO Service Cardiff to help you dominate the first page of Google in Cardiff.
Optimized Marketing are a SEO agency in Cardiff that can help you meet your on-line marketing objectives