Long tail keywords are search queries usually consisting of two or more words that narrow down the focus of the search results and bring up more specific results. You may want to take time to talk with SEO expert Cardiff to decide the correct approach to using long tail keywords.
Long tail keywords are also often lower difficulty and lower volume.
The opposite to a long tail keyword is a head keyword which is usually a high traffic, high difficulty term.
While they’re searched for often, head keywords are not always 100% specific to what you’re promoting with your content.
Benefits of targeting long tail keyword
Long Tail Keywords Match the User Intent
Basically, considering the intent of a keyword is considering the mindset of someone who would search the keyword.
For example, someone looking for ‘SEO’ is probably looking for a broad definition while someone looking for ‘SEO Services’ has the intent to click on your search snippet listing, and buy your services.
Through the long tail specificity of their search, they’re expressing their intent to buy exactly what you’re selling (or at least read exactly what you’re writing).
For this reason, it’s worth targeting long tail keywords because the traffic that they bring in is targeted and will be far more likely to convert.
Long Tail keywords are easier to rank
There are more long tail keywords than head keywords
When you’re going after the long tail, you’re not only giving yourself more chances to put optimized content on your site, you’re creating more pages.
Long tail keywords help you build website authority and trust
Having a first page placement of any keyword is an indication of website authority and trust.
One of the ways to get your website ready to target more important keywords is to get as many first placements as you can for long tail keywords.
How to find long tail keywords?
How to manually find long tail keywords
- Google the topic you have in mind and check the “People Also Ask Section and the “Related Searches”
- Go to Reddit and find out what people are talking about
- Search for keywords in Quora. People are answering questions that you could answer with your ads or content
- Look at what your competitors are doing in term of long tail keyword targeting.
How to use long tail keywords
There should be one page or post for each of your long tail keywords:
- Put the keyword at the start of the headline and title tag
- Use the only the keyword as the slug (the part of the URL after the domain)
- Make sure your title is in a H1 tag
- Use the keyword throughout your H2 subheadings
- Use the keyword in the first 100 words
- Use a few variations of the keyword throughout the body of the article
SEO expert Cardiff
SEO expert Cardiff. Use long tail keywords in your content as they are much easier to rank in Google and are more specific. Talk to a specialist today.