Use the CoronaVirus to improve your Online Marketing
This is not 2008, when most businesses decided to play it safe and cut their marketing budgets.
In 2020, savvy businesses are turning to digital marketing in the wake of coronavirus outbreak.
Budgets allocated to trade shows, face-to-face meetings traveling and product promotions are transferring a chunk of their budgets to digital marketing.
Many marketers now have some extra free time, especially those who are working from home, and are advised to use the time to review their online marketing strategy and redefine their marketing messages.
Strengthening your focus on web marketing will enable you to get a competitive edge over competitors who are slow to react.
Benefits of Online Marketing
The major advantage of digital marketing, besides the fact that it does not require face-to-face interaction, is that it is measurable. Marketers can quite easily obtain a good picture of their spending return on investment (ROI), and of which activities generate the highest number of quality leads and at what expense.
Search Engine Optimisation Takes Time
Putting effort into your SEO during the quieter time caused by the CoronaVirus, will reap the benefits when the crisis is over and things start to pick up, as it will take several months for your online marketing to show up on Google search results.
The type of activity that can be performed during this time includes:
- Website content – Ensuring that it contains the right marketing messages with the right call for action.
- SEO – Checking your current website organic search rankings and optimizing them for search engines to improve the quality and quantity of your web traffic
- Content marketing – Using this opportunity to generate ideas for new blog posts and to start writing the next newsletter for your customers
- Press releases and articles – Thinking of topics you can inform the media and your clients about and writing professional articles
- Marketing materials – Preparing presentations, brochures and other marketing materials
- Social media engagement – Strategizing how you can improve social media engagement and writing new case studies, white papers and professional articles. Increasing the number of webinars you hold
- Video – Drafting the storyline for your next video
Hopefully, the whole crisis will end soon, but no matter how long it takes strengthening you online marketing efforts will minimize the risk and improve your overall position.
If your business needs any assistance on where to target your digital marketing efforts during the crisis then please feel free to reach out to us.